Biotin is a water soluble B-vitamin, also known as Vitamin B7. Biotin is a co-enzyme for carboxylase enzyme, assists in various metabolic reactions involving the transfer of carbon dioxide. Biotin is highly sensitive to light; exposure to ultraviolet light will inactivate biotin. Biotin deficiency leads to hair loss, conjunctivitis and dermatitis.
BiotinBASE AND STRENGTHS
Biotin – 1% Triturate
Biotin – 2% Triturate
Biotin – 5% Triturate
Biotin – 10% Triturate
- Biotin is a co-enzyme for carboxylase enzyme, involved in various metabolic reactions.
- Biotin is used for preventing and treating biotin deficiency associated with pregnancy, long-term tube feeding, malnutrition and rapid weight loss.
- Biotin is often recommended as a dietary supplement for strengthening of hair and nails.
- Biotin shown to play a role in lowering LDL levels, thereby reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Used for the treatment of hair loss, conjunctivitis and dermatitis associated with Biotin deficiency.
- Used for the treatment of Neurological symptoms such as depression, lethargy, hallucination and numbness of the extremities.
- Manufacture of pre mixes
- Biotin can be used in tablets /capsules
- Biotin is mainly used in common multivitamins preparations
- Used in dietary supplements