Momordica charantia Linn(Karela) commonly known as Bitter melon or Bitter gourd is widely grown as an edible fruit, which is among the most bitter of all fruits.
It is an herbal climber grown in tropical and subtropical regions, belonging to the Cucurbitaceae family. It is widely distributed in China, Malaysia, India and tropical Africa.
Bitter melon have many remedies for various diseases from ancient times. It has been used in various Asian traditional medicines for a long time to control diabetes and obesity.
BOTANICAL NAME: MOMORDICA CHARANTIA
Bitter melon is used as a vegetable in India and other Asian countries and as an ingredient in some kinds of curries
Traditionally it is used for controlling diabetes in Asia, South America, The Caribbeans and East Africa
ACTIVE COMPOUNDS – Charantin , Insulin like peptides(Polypeptide P) and Momordicin
- We use Ayurvedic principles (based on synergy of the active molecules) in retaining as many of the actives as possible, this gives the best potency to our product and its natural color, taste and odor
- We used low temperature technology for processing
- The product is being exported to several countries
- Clinical study was conducted at JSS Ayurveda Medical College and Hospital, Mysore,Karnataka,India, to evaluate the efficacy of Bitter melon capsules in regulation of blood sugar level in diabetic patients for six months. Results showed that Bitter melon capsule was clinically effective in regulation of blood sugar level in diabetic patients. No side effects were reported
- Kosher & HALAL certified
- Reduces high blood sugar levels in people suffering from diabetes
- Bitter melon contains insulin-like protein (Polypeptide-P), which mimics insulin action by helping
different cells of the tissues in glucose uptake
- Stimulates glucose utilization by the liver cells, thereby regulates metabolism
- It also reduces glycated – hemoglobin (HbA1c)
- Maintains normal cholesterol in the blood and increases metabolism
- Inhibits nausea/vomiting/gastric problems/oxidative damage
- Excellent source of Vitamin C, Niacin, Pantothenic acid, Pyridoxine & minerals such as Iron, Zinc, Potassium, Manganese, Magnesium & Phosphorous.
- It has several chemical constituents that acts as protective scavengers against aging, cancers and
various disease processes.
- In tablets
- In capsules