Botanical Name: Nigella sativa
Common name: Black Cumin
Black Seed truly is an amazing herb! For centuries, the Black Cumin (Nigella Sativa) herb and oil have been used by millions of people in Asia, Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa to compliment their health. Black Seed is grown in various countries and therefore known by many names such as Black Cumin(Egypt), Black Caraway (Turkey), Kalonji (India/Pakistan), Habbatul Baraka or the Blessed Seed (Middle East), among others.
Ever since its introduction to the United States in the late 1980’s, it has been commonly referred to as ‘Black Seed’ or ‘Black Cumin’ and often used as a spice in traditional Indian, Pakistani, Middle Eastern and Persian cuisines.
- Extracted by special process, solvent free
- Marker identified and HPLC tested
- Stability data available
- Available in the form of thick liquid or as powder
- Black seed/cumin maintains normal cholesterol level in the blood and increases metabolism.
- Help the body to burn the excess fat and regulates the body’s lipid level.
- It strengthens immunity.
- It reduces the cravings for food and sweets, thereby reduces the intake of fats and carbohydrates.
- Helps to reduce inflammation and pain.
- In topical preparations, works effectively against bacterial and fungal infections.
- Ointments / Gel formulations
- Dietary supplements
- Used in dietary supplements