Folic acid is a water soluble vitamin belonging to the B complex group of vitamins also known as vitamin B9. It is important for the formation of red and white blood cells. It is necessary for the proper differentiation and growth of cells and for the development of the foetus.
Its deficiency leads to birth defects, low birth weight, pregnancy loss, depression, memory loss, cervical dysplasia and megaloblastic anaemia.
Free Flowing Folic AcidBASE AND STRENGTHS
Free flowing Folic Acid 80%
Free Flowing Folic Acid– Strength Details
Each Kg contains 800 gms of Free Flowing Folic Acid IP/BP/USP
- It is stable in presence of Iron
- Free flowing and mixes easily with other ingredients
- Non sticky powder
- Helps in preventing miscarriage and neural tube defects or birth defects.
- Folic acid is used for preventing and treating low blood levels of folate (folate deficiency), as well
as its complications, including anaemia and the inability of the bowel to absorb nutrients properly.
- Folic acid helps to reduce the risk of stroke, which may be due to the role of folate plays in
regulating the homocysteine concentration.
- Low levels of Folic Acid may play a role in cancer development, particularly cancers of the
cervix, lung and colon.
- Osteoporosis – Folic Acid deficiency results in weakness of bones, making them more likely to fracture.
- Folic Acid is important for brain function. It helps in regulation of mood, sleep and appetite.
- Folic Acid has a mild antidepressant effect and taking Folic Acid supplements has been shown to improve
the effect of the drug Prozac.
- Use of a nutritional supplement containing folic acid, pyridoxine and Cyanocobalamin decreased the risk of developing age-related macular degeneration
- Manufacture of pre mixes
- Folic acid can be used in tablets & capsules
- Folic acid is mainly used in common multivitamins preparations
- Used in dietary supplements